- Mount the dish to an approved structure at least five feet off the ground as required by FCC regulations, using HUGHES standard roof, and/or wall mounting brackets.
- Mount to a one-story surface.
- Install a coaxial cable jack in the room where the HughesNet System will be located.
- Route two exterior RG-6 coaxial cables (each up to 100 feet in length) from the dish into the house, and to the
coaxial cable jack.
- Provide and install the hardware required to properly ground your HughesNet System.
- Install the HughesNet modem and connect it to your PC.
- Verify receipt of satellite signal. Commission your HughesNet account.
Not Included w/ Standard Install
- Complex/custom installations that may result in additional fees. - Make sure you discuss any custom work with your installer before they begin the job.
- Custom work including, but not limited to:
- Moldings or cosmetic hardware to help hide cables
- Non-penetrating roof, pole, or chimneymounts
- Removal and/or repair of previously mounted equipment (a signed Waiver of Liability must be included to perform this work).
- Mounting to a roof surface that exceeds one story in height.
- Non-penetrating roof mount, pole mount, or chimney mount.
Standard installation for both HughesNet® Home and HughesNet Professional service plans is included with all orders. Once you've placed your order you will be contacted by a local HughesNet-certified installer in your area to pick your installation date. Our installation team will arrive on the specified date with all the equipment necessary to perform the HughesNet installation in your home or office.
HughesNet follows the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) requirements which state that only trained professionals may install two-way satellite systems. This means our team is fully trained to professionally install your equipment.